After spending 20 years doing investigative accounting in various roles in public accounting firms, private companies and government agencies, Bert Davis, Jr. founded the Davis Forensic Group to focus solely on forensic accounting.
Realizing that providing support to attorneys requires a business model different from the cyclical work of public accounting firms, the Davis Forensic Group uses a project team model that provides highly qualified specialists throughout the country at any time of the year. The model includes working with clients of all backgrounds, including those needing court-appointed attorneys and experts.
We want to be the financial forensic specialists for the legal community throughout the United States.
Bert Davis, Jr.
A native of Greensboro, Bert has 20 years of experience in various financial roles in the public and private sectors. He has worked with clients on cases both large and small. His experience includes:
- Special Master in the North Carolina Business Court
- Examiner, Trustee and Chief Restructuring Officer in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Consulting and testifying expert in shareholder disputes, criminal cases and other civil litigation
- Internal auditor for a large District of Columbia government agency
- Lead investigator for a $200 million Medicare and Medicaid fraud
Licenses & Certifications
CFE: Certified Fraud Examiner designation from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
CPA: Certified Public Accountant licensed in North Carolina, New York and the District of Columbia
CFF: Certified in Financial Forensics specialty issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Wake Forest University
Master of Business Administration
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Master of Accounting